Right this very second your newsfeed (in any form) is likely being cluttered with the ever changing information from the pandemic that is taking place around the world.
Here at WhatFriendsDo, we are honored to consistently share tips and ideas with you, so that you are able to help the most important people in your lives during some of their most difficult times. That is why we wanted to make sure to provide some key things to think about over the next few weeks or months to come until things start to settle.
- Stay in touch with your loved one to make sure they have everything they need, and are okay staying in for a period of time. Regular texts, phone calls and even FaceTime meetings/meals are now more important than ever.
- If you are signed up to bring any type of delivery or assistance to your friend, and you are not feeling 100% - check in with another team member to see if they can possibly relieve you of that responsibility.
- If your loved one needs anything outside of the home taken care of (ie. shopping, errands, medication pickup) offer to take care of it for them, so they do not have to expose their already vulnerable immune system to what seems to be spreading quickly.
- If you are signed up to provide a meal, consider ordering take out for your loved ones so that they do not have to worry about cooking one evening and so you do not have to come into contact with them.
- Setup a Prime Fresh Delivery, or take advantage of our Amazon Wishlist program so that they can have necessities delivered and be worry free from exposure.
- ASK! Loved ones are not always going to feel comfortable asking for help, so take that responsibility into your own hands, by asking "What can my family and I do to help?"
- If your loved one is in a hospital consider communicating with them via phone/Facetime, etc. Utilize the Calendar section on WhatFriendsDo to set up "calls" and "daily check-ins" with your team.
During this very rocky time, it is becoming increasingly difficult to not worry on some level about what will, is, or may happen not only to ourselves, but also to those most susceptible to this virus. By taking necessary steps to keep a distance from them, you are making the biggest impact.
We are in uncharted territory with this being a new virus that is spreading so quickly and without a proper resolution we really need to keep the most vulnerable ones in mind.
These are just small simple ideas to get you started. We are updating our social pages regularly with new ideas and tips. We would love to hear about and other ideas you have, please join us for a conversation that will spark ideas for others that may be in a similar circumstance as you, and support each other during this time.
Above all, do WhatFriendsDo best, by being there and supporting those that mean the most to us.